Starting today until 23:59, May 14th,
design your dream Overwatch map,
complete uploading art work, design idea, and registration information
to complete regisration. Each artist is allowed to submit 2 art works.
Submission3/30 - 5/14
Verification5/14 - 5/18
Evaluation5/19 - 6/8
- Artists require to follow official set format and provide art work name with design idea
- Map concept picture is the minimum requirement
- Art work is limited to JPG or PNG with 72 dpi resolution or above. Please use RGB setting.
- Keep AI/ PSD( 300 dpi )/original drawing, winners must provide original file/art work.
- Original drawing ratio is 16:9. Scan and submit through event page.
- Art work size: 1920 x 1080 px, file size is to be under 3MB.
- Preview size : 400 x 560 px, file size is to be under 1MB.
- After initial review, all art works will proceed to online voting stage and voting result will determine the 8 popularity awards
- This fan art contest will include judges from Blizzard TW/SEA publishing team and Overwatch art team. 8 winners will be determined through our evaluation.
Map design requires creativity and tell a story. Location plays an important role and it can be famous or most memorable.
Combine all of the elements with
will be the utmost challenge!
- Control map
Participate and receive a chance to win awesome prizes!
Map Master Prize
- Nintendo Switch console &
Overwatch Legendary Edition
Map Design Specialist Prize
- Overwatch Mercy Statue
Born To Be Artist Prize
- Overwatch hoodie Jacket &
- US$100 Blizzard Balance
- US$100 Blizzard Balance
SEA Popularity Prize
- US$150 Blizzard Balance
Grand Master Prize
- US$100 Blizzard Balance
- US$70 Blizzard Balance
- US$30 Blizzard Balance
Rules & Regulations
Blizzard Entertainment (Hong Kong) Limited, Taiwan Branch is the organizer of this contest (the “Organizer”) – Overwatch™: SEA Overwatch Map Design Contest (the “Contest”)
- Contest Eligibility
- We welcome all who are enthusiastic about creation. Only one prize can be received per participant. Each artist is allowed to submit 2 art works. The entries must be original and the participants must own the copyright.
- This competition only allows participants from Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam, and if you are under the age of a legal adult in your country of residence, one of your parents or legal guardians must submit a signed, written statement that they have read, understood and agree to these Contest rules with your entry, and that such agreement constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules on behalf of you and your parent(s).
- Directors, officers, and employees of the Organizer, its parent company, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, with Organizer, the “Released Parties”), and immediate families of each of the above are not eligible to win any awards.. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. There is no cost to enter or win. Offer void where prohibited. In the event of any dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail address from which the e-mail was sent.
- How to Register
- All entries, including concept of creation, and completed registration forms to be sent to contest email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the deadline of the registration with the following information:
• BNET ID
• BNET Email
• Contact Number
• Artwork Title
• Concept of Creation
- Artwork Submission Specifications: 1920 x 1080, in JPEG or PNG format
- Entries will be released on the Overwatch official Facebook fan page after the Organizer’s review. (Those which do not pass the review will not be informed or returned).
- Entries shall not violate competition rules or related laws, and shall not contain illegal content, defamation, overstatements, obscenities, adult content, other unsuitable information, or any contents related to any non-Blizzard games.
- The registration form must contain the title of the entry, concept of creation, a cellphone number, BNET ID, and e-mail address. If any of the above-mentioned information is missing, the entry is deemed disqualified without prior notification. Whether accepted or not, the entry will not be returned.
- An entrant who finishes registration is considered to fully understand the provisions of the contest rules and will follow the rules described by the Organizer.
- During the competition period, your work may have the chance to appear on the Overwatch SEA Facebook fan page to let all the players see your artwork!
- Submission/Shortlisting : 30th March– 14th May, 2020
- Voting and Blizzard evaluation : 14th May – 8th June, 2020
- Result announcement: 12th June, 2020
- Judging Criteria
- Winners shall be chosen by Organizer at its sole discretion based on:
- Map creativity 40%
- Visual presentation 30%
- Location presentation relativity 20%
- Online Voting 10%
- Map master (1 winner)
- Nintendo Switch + Overwatch for Nintendo Switch
Map design specialist (1 winner)
- Mercy Statue
Born to be artist (1 winner)
- Overwatch hoodie Jacket + Blizzard Balance
Designers (5 winners)
- USD100 Blizzard Balance
- Most-Likes online (4 winner)
- SEA popularity prize
US$150 Blizzard Balance
- Grand master prize
US$100 Blizzard Balance
- Master prize
US$70 Blizzard Balance
- Diamond prize
US$30 Blizzard Balance
- The Prizes value listed above are included the tax. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL TAXES AND CUSTOMS DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER
- Prizes will be awarded. Winners must execute an affidavit of eligibility before they can receive their Prize(s). Winner shall provide Organizer with the documentation and the other information requested by Organizer by July 6th, 2020, otherwise the prize will be deemed forfeited. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) calendar days after delivery of notification will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable. The Blizzard Balance shall be granted through the redemption codes. Each redemption code can only be redeemed for one award. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. The winner shall provide an identity document for the Organizer to file taxes. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Notifications & Other Conditions
- 1. To ensure your eligibility, please submit your entry ideally one day before the deadline. The Organizer will refer to the e-mail receipt time in the back-end of the system and send an e-mail to confirm successful submission of the entry. If there are any submission problems, please send a screenshot to the customer service mailbox before the deadline (May 14, 23:59 CST; the e-mail receipt time shall prevail). To guarantee the justice and fairness of the contest, if the submission fails due to the deadline passing and the customer service mailbox has not received e-mail before May 14, 23:59 CST, the Organizer will not accept the entry and the entrant will take full risks and responsibility.
- 2. Every entrant is limited to one prize. The actual number of prizewinners depends on the quality of the entries reviewed by the judges, and any absence, reduction, or addition of prizewinners is acceptable if necessary.
- 3. All entries shall be new artwork not previously displayed or released to the public media. Plagiarism and counterfeiting are prohibited. If the Organizer discovers any violation against the rules listed, the entry will be disqualified and the prizes that have been granted will be recovered and announced to be disqualified. The entrant will take full responsibility for the loss of the third party’s rights, if any, and shall not make any objections.
- 4. You hereby agree that in consideration of your being allowed the chance to enter the Contest and for Organizer to consider you as a possible winner of this Contest, you hereby agree that all materials that you submit to Organizer, including, but not limited to, any artwork, computer code, graphic designs, design concepts, as well as any form of ‘original work of authorship’ which you create and submit to Organizer to enter this Contest (collectively the “Entry Materials”), shall become the sole and exclusive property of Organizer. Note that this assignment of your ownership rights includes any “moral rights” that you may have otherwise had in the submission. If you are reported for violating other’s copyright, patent, or other rights, you shall take full responsibility.
- 5. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- 7. Each participant shall assure that all personal information provided or submitted by him or her is authentic and accurate, without any misuse or fraudulent use of another person’s data. In the event that the provided personal information proves untrue or misrepresented, the entry will be disqualified. He or she shall not claim on the Organizer for indemnity or compensation. Toward any untrue or misrepresented information, the Organizer assumes no statutory responsibility at all. The participant shall take full responsibility for the infringement of Organizer or third party’s rights, if any.
- 8. By entering the Contest, you release the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- 9. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Organizer a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these official rules and a release of liability.
- 10. Entries involving, depicting or promoting pornography, unacceptable violence, or violation of public order, or resulting in harm to the Organizer’s image or reputation, will be removed and disqualified by the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right to refer any such illegal activities to the proper authorities and the perpetrator may be subject to criminal or civil fines, including any actionable damages to the Organizer.
- 11. The entrant will be disqualified and prizes will be recovered if any violation against the requirements hereunder. Where money is granted as an award, it will be recovered in accordance with applicable law.
- 12. The entrant shall retain a copy of the entry and may be required to provide the Organizer with original (electronic) file as a requirement of receiving the prize.
- 13. If, and only if, any rights to the entries are unable to be assigned or transferred to Organizer as provided hereunder whether as a result of applicable law or legal interpretation by an adjudicative body of competent jurisdiction or otherwise. The Organizer shall be granted a royalty free, perpetual, worldwide license to the copyrights of all entries that win prizes and has the right to display, modify, reproduce, print, develop, and sell them and to sublicense such rights to third parties. The prize winners shall not transfer the copyright of the entry to a third party without permission from Organizer. Otherwise, the Organizer may rescind the award and recover all prizes, awards, statuette awards, and certificates. The entrant shall also be liable for any damages suffered by Organizer for loss of business and reputation.
- © 2020 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Overwatch and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Organizer, all participating sponsors/co-promoters and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Organizer; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.